Connect to MSSQL2005 using ASP2 and display query result

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connect to MSSQL2005 using ASP2 and display query result

Question: I have searched here and on Microsofts site already but it seems that all solutions require already either some ASP2 knowledge or MSSQL knowledge .. I am quite new in both but need to realise this for a project.

I have installed a MSSQL 2005 server running MSSQL2005 Standard in mixed authentication mode. Services running using a domain account created for this purpose.
    I have then created a simple database called test with a table called testtable

All I need to achieve now is a simple ASP2 page, which is located on the DC IIS, which connects to the SQL server (in same domain but different server) using WINDOWS authentication and returns the result of

SELECT * FROM TESTTABLE

I try now for a couple of days so I hope someone could help me with this .. I really need a step by step guide what I need to do on the SQL server side (so a specific user can connect to this particular database) and on the IIS side ..

I know it is always painful to help someone with little knowledge but I am getting desperate.

Thanks a lot guys
Working...
X