No announcement yet.

Script to show Asset tag info.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script to show Asset tag info.

Ok, While searching the web today I found a script that will show DELL SERVICE TAG Numbers, of an inputted hostname. See Below:

On Error Resume Next
    Dim strComputer
    strComputer = InputBox("Enter the name of DELL Computer:")
    Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" & "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
    Set colSMBIOS = objWMIService.ExecQuery ("Select * from Win32_SystemEnclosure")
    For Each objSMBIOS in colSMBIOS
    MsgBox strComputer & ": " & objSMBIOS.SerialNumber

This is a very helpful script, but I was tweaking it in hopes of making it do a little more than it is meant to do. I was hoping to get it to show my companies ASSET TAG Information which has been input into the bios using a tool we have. Basically when you go into the BIOS on any of our Machines here it shows us an asset tag number along with the service tag from dell. These numbers are proprietary to us, and only us, however being able to put an asset-tag number with a hostname using a script would ultimately save me, and my co-workers a lot of time, rather then having to physically go to the machine in question and get it's information manually. Is there any way, this script or any other script can be built to pull the necessary information out of the bios, how could something like this be done, any help is greatly appreciated, as said, I was hoping to tweak the above script in order to make it work ie: changing objSMBIOS.SerialNumber to like objSMBIOS.AssetTag or something, but this didn't work, my lack of experience kills me right now with this kind of script, as I've only really done smaller ones to map printers, drives so fourth... Thanks in Advance!

Re: Script to show Asset tag info.

NEVER MIND! I FOUND IT! w00t!!

Thanks for posting back and sharing the answer. It is appreciated.
      Departed: 23rd December 2015

no problem, by the way, I found the answer here: