No announcement yet.

Outlook 2003 Profile Logon Script

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2003 Profile Logon Script

Good day everyone,

I've got a WinXP workstation on a Win2k3 domain with Exchange 2k3. The account to log into this workstation is a generic account that receives email for the department. This profile also has configured software, shortcuts, apps, etc. We now have two users using this workstation, but need to use the generic account.

I setup two personal exchange email accounts under profiles in Outlook 2k3 for a total of 3. When Outlook is opened it prompts for which account, one of two personal accounts or the department account.

The only problem is it always prompts for a username and password to log into these accounts. We'd like to prevent this and each user be able to select their account or the department account without being prompted for the username and password. I've even tried the save password check box without luck.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a solution or maybe even a script that would step in and enter login information? I know it's not the securest method, but that's how the department would like it setup.

Thanks for the help!
    "All technology should be assumed guilty until proven innocent." ~David Ross Brower

CCNA, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, A+

Re: Outlook 2003 Profile Logon Script

u can use orktools to do it it's very simple.
    when u logon to the TS u're outlook will upload automaticlly depands on the user u logedon with.