need help -- linking data to a web page

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help -- linking data to a web page

Anybody or company that know how to link data created from a txt file into a website? I just want to create a box on the web page that for a example an user type in their name they would get a result for that user taken from the txt file.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Re: need help -- linking data to a web page

Not that i have the answer, but is there any reason it has to be a TXT file instead of a database?
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Also, is this an IIS site? ASP and/or ASP.NET capable? Text file or database on the server?

Should this be moved to "Scripting"?
      Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

© 2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Moved to Scripting
        Could the OP please clarify:
        a) The Web server used
        b) The language used to write the pages
        c) What programming background they have

Tom
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi tsquid

Edited by Moderator and user banned for life for spamming the site.
          Last edited by biggles77; 19th July 2007, 15:57. Reason: Spammer

Comment

wilkin posts reported to admins.
            Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

© 2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
            X