Close running program via script and windows GPO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close running program via script and windows GPO

I need to configure a script (or someone type of 3rd party program) which will close out a program on a user machine. I then need to deploy this script to workstations in a specfifc OU and start the script at a specific time each day. The program is a trading program which users run to execute trades. The problem is if the program is left open overnight, the program is configured to replay the trades from the day before (as a backup feature).

Re: Close running program via script and windows GPO

Do you know what the process is? I have found a VBSCRIPT that will allow you to either kill a process remotely or on a local machine. You could set that script up to run as a daily scheduled task....it might not be the best way but it is all I can think of on the spot.....I do not have the script with me at the current moment to post it. Leave me a message if you would like the code.
    Justin
    A+ Net+ MCP

Comment

Re: Close running program via script and windows GPO

Not sure if you have found a solution to this but there is also a great utility called pskill that allows you to kill processes remotley or locally on a machine. This utility is part of PSTOOLS and can be downloaded from Here
      This is a command line utility that has a syntax that would look something like this:
      pskill.exe \\computername Processname

This can also be used on multiple computers by telling it to use a text file with computer names in the following format:

computera
      computerb
      computerc

The syntax here would be

pskill.exe @textfilename.txt processname

Hope this helps you out or someone somewhere!
      Justin
      A+ Net+ MCP

Comment

Working...
      X