Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatically login to Outlook client configured with RPC over Https

Hi,
    I am trying to drive outlook for mail send receive through a vbscript.I have configured Outlook with RPC over https but it is asking for the password every time my script tries to run.
    I have used the NTLM security settings and there "Save My password" option is there but it is not saving the password no matter how many times I checked the option.
    So, only option I have is to put the password automatically through a vbscript.
    Can anyone supply me the code that should feed the password which outlook will ask for it during login to exchange server?

thanks in advance

Imtiaz

Re: Automatically login to Outlook client configured with RPC over Https

tried something like this?
    Code:
    Set Outlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
    Set MAPI = Outlook.GetNameSpace("MAPI")
    '......<......>......
    MAPI.Logon "outlookprofilename", "password"
    '......<Outlook.action>......
    MAPI.Logoff
    \Rem

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
    and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Thanks.
      I have tried with this and outlook configured with Pop3/smtp works fine but when using Outlook configured with Hosted Exchange server this solution does not works. It is asking for the Exchange server network password every time I tried to login.

thanks
      Imtiaz

Comment

And what if you edit the specific outlookprofile ?
        Tab 'Services'-> service: MicrosoftExchange / Properties / Connection ->
        Username, Password, Domain
        (???)

\Rem

Comment

Can you guide me where to do this?
          I can't find anything under services or in Outlook Client configuration.

Comment

Originally posted by Imtiaz_Ahmed View Post
            Can you guide me where to do this?
            I can't find anything under services or in Outlook Client configuration.
            It was Outlook 2000, when that version was setup as Exchange Server client. There you could Change Settings for the Exchange Server service for a particular outlookprofile. On the 'Advanced' tap you can set the autentication method and next on the 'dialup connection' tap there was the posibility to provide the outprofile with name, password and Domain. And it worked on the LAN to.

It seems that newer versions of outlook don't have the possibility any more to store credential in the profile. I looked at, Control panel / Mail / Show profiles, select the right profilename (the one that specified in the script at the MAPI.logon line) and click on Properties / E-mail Accounts..., "view or change existing accounts", select Microsoft Exchange Server and click on Change..., click on More Settings... Goto tab 'Advanced' where you still can set the autentication method, but next on tab "connections' there is no possibility any more to add name, password and domain.

I don't know if this trick would have worked with your script if you had version 2000. Anyway, newer versions deffinetly don't work because there is no option any more to save credentials for the profile.

Be sure the account that is running the script is the account that has permissions to open the mailbox specified in the profile you use in the logon line in the script.
            The Logon method requires four parameters;
            http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scr.../tips0614.mspx

Sorry I'm out of options.

\Rem

Comment

Working...
            X