Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

N00b Problem with Batch File to map networ drives.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N00b Problem with Batch File to map networ drives.

I have the following problem where im trying to use a batch file to map network drives when user logs in to computer. I've added the batch file to one of my OU's GP. I've placed the batch file in the Netlogon folder in my Domain Controller. When user logs in, the map drives do not appear. I went ahead and tried running the batch file directly from the PC and I still doesnt run.
    Here is how the batch file is written:

net use S: \\MLK-Server\MLK Share
    (In that network share, under share permissions, I have 3 groups with full rights: Administrators, MLK Staff, and computer staff. I'm logged in under a user from the computer staff group)

When i copy and paste the following to CMD "net use S: \\MLK-Server\MLK Share"
    I get the following error: System Error 86, specified network password is not correct.

My question is, do I have to place username and password in this batch file. I thought that was not needed if your a domain user and already have rights to the share folder. Mind you, if I go to explorer and enter the same UNC patch, I have full access to it. What am I missing?

I tried using instead a VBS script and that worked fine for me. But I'm not getting anywhere with the batch file. Please help. Thanks

Re: N00b Problem with Batch File to map networ drives.

I've just tried this and it looks like the problem is because you have a space in the share name. I tried putting it in quotes but it only seems to work when the share name is one full string.

I'll keep investigating.

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

I agree with Michael. Remove the space from the share name before any further trouble shooting.
      Server 2000 MCP
      Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

That did it! I knew it was something so simple, but could not figure it out! Many thanks to you all.

Comment

Working...
        X