deploy script to remote PC without GPO or logon script

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deploy script to remote PC without GPO or logon script

I am somewhat new to the area of site administration, having served as a desk or phone jockey for quite some time now. I have two scripts that I need to deploy to select machines on our network, however, due to the nature of these updates (selective) I cannot simply push them out in the logon script or through GPO.

Is there anyway that I can run these scripts without individually visiting the PCs? One them requires a large amount of data transfer, and thus I would like to schedule it to run on selected machines after close of business. There is probably a very simple way to accomplish this, but I am at a loss.

edit: http://mcpmag.com/columns/article.asp?EditorialsID=803 is kinda what I am looking for but having an issue with

Re: deploy script to remote PC without GPO or logon script

Either use schtasks to remotely add a scheduled task to a machine or look at using psexec for remote execute.
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

here are some interesting articles:
      - How Can I Remotely Start an Interactive Process?
      - Advanced VBScript for Microsoft Windows Administrators (Chapter 6: Remote Scripting)

\Rem

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
      and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

decided to use a scheduled psexec task, which will work fine. I was more confused as to why the above script would not work, however, with our firmly crippled network i am not surprised.

Comment

Working...
        X