No announcement yet.

Profile Script

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile Script

Sorry for my poor english.
    I have installed a windows 2003 domain server with dns, dhcp and wins.
    Then i put on all client in the domain with their account.
    Now i need to create a script in the profile for every user.
    The script that i made create the shared folder on all client. But i not able to create in automatically the printer on the clients. i want that the printer have a desired name. In my network there are 5 network printer, but only few user need to see all printer. so i need to create different script.
    i shared them on server. I supposed that the right command was net use, but it doesn't work.
    Can somebody help me to create this script, or tell me the right way to create automatically printer in the client pc (all windows xp pro) on accessing the domain.
    thanks a lot.

Re: Profile Script

First, this needs to be moved to "Scripting" -- any mods / admins out there???

Second, there has been a lot of recent posting on printer assignment scripts in that forum.

Spend some time looking there and see if you can find something close then come back and ask some more questions.

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Michael Armstrong
      MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Detailed one here: