Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to change snmp settings on printers per script

hello everyone

i need to disable the snmp setting on all printers throughout our network and would like to do it per script.
    some research has revealed that i can read out the setting but not change it, since all of the snmp related options under the following link are of the access type "read only"

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...rinterport.asp

does anyone know if there is a way to change these settings per script anyways?
    help is greatly appreciated.

thx
    chris
    Yesterday we stood at the edge of the abyss. Today we are a step further...

Re: how to change snmp settings on printers per script

alright, after a good night's sleep and yet more research i have come across portmgr.vbs. works like a charm.
    the only thing required for this script to function properly is to register the dll "prnadmin.dll" on the server the script is being run on.

hope this helps whoever gets a job like that shoved their way

Comment

Originally posted by chris
      alright, after a good night's sleep and yet more research i have come across portmgr.vbs. works like a charm.
      the only thing required for this script to function properly is to register the dll "prnadmin.dll" on the server the script is being run on.

hope this helps whoever gets a job like that shoved their way
      Let us know how you get on Chris.

Thanks
      Server 2000 MCP
      Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

k. it's done and users are still able to print

i used a script to have portmgr.vbs loop through a list of all servers, read out the portnames and then simply run the following command against each portname:

portmgr -c \\server1 -p IP_192.168.1.1 -s -md

(of course, server1 and IP_192.168.1.1 are just examples)

i did not have the script check if snmp was enabled or disabled. instead, i simply ran the command to disable snmp against each portname regardless. since the customer is not paying anything extra for this work, he just got the quick and dirty version
        Last edited by chris; 19th September 2006, 07:43.

Comment

Working...
        X