No announcement yet.

Ping Script Help

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ping Script Help

I am looking for help in creating a script that will ping a series of IP addresses or host names and then have it output a list of unreachable hosts.

I am new to scripting and am just looking for a easier way to perform this task other than manually pinging and noting the hosts that I am unable to reach.

ping xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx

if host unreachable

then >> word doc

Re: Ping Script Help

do you want to ping a whole subnet, for example ?

there's plenty of scripts that do gthat for powershell, even for cmd scripting.

it wouldn't be too difficult to run it with import-csv to pick the hostnames from a csv file, then output to a csv file.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Does it have to be in a command prompt?

I have a HTA script that run and will try and ping specific hosts then pops up with a screen telling what is available and what is not.

I can't remember where I got it.

Another way would be to use angry ip scanner and export the dead hosts to txt, csv or xml.
        Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
        I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
        MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.