How can i run vbs script on start up?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can i run vbs script on start up?

Hi I have a vbs script and would want it to run on start up I have added it to start up folder but unfortunately it's not working at all..

Is there a code to add to my vbs script to make it run on start up

Thanks

Re: How can i run vbs script on start up?

Assuming this is not a domain PC, edit the local machine security policy to include the script at startup, which will run under the system account, before you log in.

To get to the policy, run 'gpedit.msc' from a command prompt with admin rights. In the console that opens, navigate to 'Computer Configuration - Windows Settings - Scripts', and you'll see the Startup and Shutdown items. Double-click on 'Startup', and use the Properties window to add your script.

Once you've done that and closed the windows, restart your PC to check that the script ran.
    *RicklesP*
    MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

Re: How can i run vbs script on start up?

Originally posted by robelneo View Post
      unfortunately it's not working at all..
      What should it do, can you show the code.
      What is the OS on the client, is the computer member in a domain network? Is the user member of the local group Administrators. Is the script stored on a network share or on the local computer?

/Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
      and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Working...
      X