Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to display ipaddress and system names in LAN.?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to display ipaddress and system names in LAN.?

How to display the system Ipaddress and system name all the lan systems...Please give me reply friends....

Re: How to display ipaddress and system names in LAN.?

Open command shell and run ipconfig /all.

-vP

Comment

he wants the output for every device.

you could get something like AngryIP Scanner
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Maybe if we had more detail about your setup and exactly what you're trying to do, then we could make some more specific suggestions.

Do you have an AD domain? Are your clients running Windows or other? Are you looking for workstations only or all devices? Can you get the information you need from your DHCP server?

Most importantly, what have you tried so far?
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by vonPryz View Post
          Open command shell and run ipconfig /all.

-vP
          This command is used to display only currently using system details.. But I want all the client ipaddress and their names also.....

Comment

Again, please can you be more specific about what you are trying to do and what environment you are trying to do it in.

Until we know what you have tried so far and what problems you encountered, we have no way of being able to give you the advice you need.
            Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Do you have a DHCP or DNS server?
              Both will be able to show you data about all the PCs
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
                Again, please can you be more specific about what you are trying to do and what environment you are trying to do it in.

Until we know what you have tried so far and what problems you encountered, we have no way of being able to give you the advice you need.
                Actually I am doing one project in java. i.e., LAN NETWORK ARCHITECTURE.
                so, I am trying a lot to display entire all the LAN IPaddress and it's name. so, now I am trying by the commands to display the all the details .

If I got the details by using commands(scripts). Then using that commands in java I continue my project. Please help me friends...

Comment

Didn't your teacher give you any hints?

If you know the subnet, you could have a script that loops through the range of IPs, checks if each is live (PING) and then gets the name (PING -A)
                  Tom Jones
                  MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
                    Didn't your teacher give you any hints?

If you know the subnet, you could have a script that loops through the range of IPs, checks if each is live (PING) and then gets the name (PING -A)
                    I already tried with PING -A but it didn't work. I read an article wrote by Denail petri.

It displays only ipaddress of the systems but not the system names. so I need to display the system names. And that code should be excutable in java.. Is there any script related to my problem please send me...
                    Last edited by ramanasiva02; 21st March 2011, 10:52.

Comment

So you want Java code, not a DOS script?
                      From your post #8 you appeared to want a cmd script you could call from Java

PING -A works fine for me (in an AD domain)
                      Tom Jones
                      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                      IT Trainer / Consultant
                      Ossian Ltd
                      Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by ramanasiva02 View Post
                        Actually I am doing one project in java
                        Why didn't you tell this in the first hand? Use InetAddress.isReachable().

Implement a ping sweep by getting your local IP address (hint: InetAddress class), look for subnet mask and generate all the addresses in that block. Ping each one and pull up a nslookup for 'em as well.

-vP

Comment

Working...
                        X