Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a batch file to start a program

Hi All

We are using LogMein on several of our laptops, however only local admins have the permission to enable/disable logmein. Currently logmein is always enabled but I'd like the users to be able to enable/disable it as and when they need remote support. Basically I'm looking to write a batch file which a user can run to enable logmein, I've done some research and it looks like I can use the 'runas' command, but I'm not sure how to hide the local admin credentials etc. Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks in advance

Wozza

Re: Using a batch file to start a program

You could give this a try:
    http://www.smart-x.com/?CategoryID=2...leID=181&sng=1
    It'll enable you to encrypt the credentials or prompt for them.
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Nice one L4ndy I would have otherwise recommended lsrunas but you have to buy a licence for that. Rep++;
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

thanks both for your assistance, I'll give smart-x a run out and let you know how I get on.

Thanks

Wozza

Comment

Working...
        X