Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VMWare Server for FREE

How do you get VMWare Server for FREE?

Well, this isn't one of those "too good to be true offers". VMWare server is now available for free download. There is no more GSX Server, just VMWare Server.

To download VMWare server for free, just go here

Download the VMWare Server BETA.
    http://www.vmware.com/products/server/

You will register and receive a key in your email box. The good thing about this is that the key doesn't expire. It isn't like some kind of limited time evaluation.

So, if you are like me, and you had chosen to go with Microsoft's Virtual Server product because it was so much less money- now you can afford to move to the better of the two products- VMWare Server.

There is even a Virtual PC import program- more on that, later.

Post your Experiences here!

-David Davis
    -Moderator - Virtualization Forums
    Workstation
    33.33%
    Server / GSX
    44.44%
    Datacenter ESX Server
    22.22%
    David Davis - Petri Forums Moderator & Video Training Author
    Train Signal - The Global Leader in IT Video Training
    TrainSignalTraining.com - Free IT Training Products
    Personal Websites: HappyRouter.com & VMwareVideos.com

Re: VMWare Server for FREE

Well, I'm a diehard VCP and bleed VMware blue

I guess that could explain why I have nearly 9,000 posts and am moderator on the VMware forums *LOL*

I have no loyalty to Microsoft's virtualization technology mostly due to their typical "must devour all" approach to VMware and the virtualization market. Sorry Microsoft, I can't back you this time. And you will never have a product that rivals ESX due to the guest OS's you'd have to support as well as the fact that you're a good 5+ years behind on the technology. Have fun piddling around in the low and mid-tier markets

On a positive note, the competition in the market is good for us end users. It should keep VMware sharp and on its toes.

Jas
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Good Jason, I've got another guru hooked up. Now all I need is to find you a forum to moderate...
      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

I use the server version.

Fantastic tool to use.

Comment

Working...
        X