Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Connect the Windows Server 2012 with client Windows XP

Hello ,

I've installed Windows server 2012 on my desktop and Windows XP on Vmware Workstation and now i wanted to connect my client (Windows XP ) with Windows Server 2012. how do i do it ? And i also want my client to use internet ?

Re: How to Connect the Windows Server 2012 with client Windows XP

Moved to VMWare section as it appears not to be AD related
    Is the server a DC?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      Moved to VMWare section as it appears not to be AD related
      Is the server a DC?
      sorry for that.

yes it is DC .

Comment

Is the DHCP role configured to give out IP addresses, or does the client have an IP in the same subnet?

VMWare people will ask questions about the VMware networking, but can you check if the server and client can ping each other first by IP address and then by FQDN
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Yes i have installed DHCP also, and here i'm confused.
          what to do next ?
          I have tryd in XP to chang It from workgroup to domain but its not happening.
          And from where should i give my ip address range ?

Sorry if you have noticed any mistakes 😔

Comment

Hello faziluddin

A bridged network-install anti-virus for your virtual machines if you use this regularly as they are basically on the network. Your post indicates this setting

NAT allows you on net sharing server 2012 IP.

Host-only allows you to share files from virtual machines (XP) to actual computer. eg server 2012 Desktop ect

Custom is the private network you create within VMware.

Bottom right hand side and hover over icon (next to, printer and audio icons)right click>settings and take your choice.

I'm pretty sure this is the settings hope this helps

Comment

Basically if you need network connectivity through virtual (XP) use NAT and if you need your virtual network to be connected to net through server 2012 use bridged this will give you an address through your workgroup/home network, you'll really only need DHCP for the private virtual network as long as all machines are in the same domain, or it wont work, join all your virtual machines manually, then create your scopes on your DHCP server and switch all the machines to obtain IP address Automatically.

Comment

Working...
              X