Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSO not working

Hi,

Earlier we were using vmware exsi 3.5 and recently we have done the upgration to 5.0 , after that our single sing on functionality stops working . If we try to sign in using full domain name manually such as [email protected] and password , it allows me to login ,

So what could be the reason and what i need to check to resolve this..please help...

Thank you..

Re: SSO not working

the reason could be a change in software, such as an upgrade.
    you would need to check what elements were changed in the upgrade you applied.
    you can do this by reviewing the change documentation errata.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by kathy View Post
      Hi,

Earlier we were using vmware exsi 3.5 and recently we have done the upgration to 5.0 , after that our single sing on functionality stops working . If we try to sign in using full domain name manually such as [email protected] and password , it allows me to login ,

So what could be the reason and what i need to check to resolve this..please help...

Thank you..
      Login to the web console using the [email protected] account and password. This would have been done as part of the upgrade process and should have been documented. From there you will need to configure the relevant access rights.

Comment

Hi ,

Thanks for your quick reply..

When I am trying to login in using Vsphere WebClient , I am able to sign in but there is nothing shows under inventory or under data center or cluster . I tried to sign in using Chrome and Firefox but getting a blank screen..

What could be the reason..please help...

Comment

I beleive this issue has a root cause of PEBKAC.

Since I'm assuming you made changes referred to earlier in this thread, I suspect you need to grant yourself appropriate permissions.

However - since you've given us precisely no actual information about what you're trying to do, the manners in whcih you're trying to do, or what actual personal effort you've put into researching the issue, I really have no idea.
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
            I beleive this issue has a root cause of PEBKAC.

Since I'm assuming you made changes referred to earlier in this thread, I suspect you need to grant yourself appropriate permissions.

However - since you've given us precisely no actual information about what you're trying to do, the manners in whcih you're trying to do, or what actual personal effort you've put into researching the issue, I really have no idea.
            This is your issue.

You do not get permission by default and need to add it.

Comment

Hi ,

Thanks for the quick reply...

Actually , I am unable to understand that " PEBKAC " . what exactly it means...

Also , How to add the permission my self to get it able to login to vcenter using windows session credentials .

One more strange behavior I notice is , when I open VSphere Web Client and tick mark that use windows session credentials it allows me to login , that means SSO is working at one stage...but in VSphere when i am trying to do I get error..

Here I am attaching the picture of both the things to make the things more clear...

Also , What could be the reason , that , Inventory is showing me when I am login inside vcenter and not inside the webclient...

please help...

thank you...
              Attached Files
              Last edited by kathy; 13th November 2014, 06:12. Reason: add something

Comment

PEBKAC is an acronym which means Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair.
                It's also commonly identified as a Layer 8 issue, on the network stack.

also, it looks like your Domain suffix is just whitespace, that might also cause issues
                Last edited by tehcamel; 13th November 2014, 07:53.

Comment

Nice time skew on the images.
                  Last edited by biggles77; 13th November 2014, 07:31. Reason: Added further clarification due to PEBKAC explanation post.
                  1 1 was a racehorse.
                  2 2 was 1 2.
                  1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                  2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hi ,

I add the white space , as i do not want to explore in a public forum but here are 2 main problems

1. Why inventory shows inside the VCenter and not showing inside the VSphere Web Client
                    2. Why we are able to login using SSO in Web Client not in a Vcenter.

What could be the reason ...

Do i need to reinstall the Windows Server 2008 on which I installed the VCenter Software or Do i need to reinstall DC it self.

Thanks,

Comment

clearly, there were some changes and unexpected impacts as a result of the upgrade you performed.

Go back, look at the upgrade you performed, look at what expected impacts there wre from that, then raise a ticket with vmware support and get them to help.

Comment

Hi ,

Thanks for your quick reply..

Do you have any idea , how much they are charging for providing tech support or are they providing tech support totally free for 1 year on esxi server or vcenter server...

Comment

Why not contact them and ask, as any answer you get here would be a guess at the best (we don't even know which country you are in)

But surely for an enterprise (presumably mission critical) product like this you have support in place?
                          Tom Jones
                          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                          IT Trainer / Consultant
                          Ossian Ltd
                          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

And again the problem is that you don't have the required permissions to access the system.

Comment

Working...
                            X