X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to mount NFS datastore to ESXI

unable to mount windows 2008 nfs datastore to esxi host
    Hi,
    I'm doing a self study course on VMWare Vsphere on vmware workstation and in the lab of adding NFS shared storage, I've got stuck becuase I am unable to mount the nfs folder. sometimes the folder appears in the storage for a few seconds and then disappears. sometimes I got the errors as they are in the screenshots. Pls note that the nfs folder is placed in the the same virtual machine of the VCenter server and the folder has the permissions of Root access with read-write.
    Thanks in advanced.

Attached Files

Re: unable to mount NFS datastore to ESXI

Hello,
    It is seems that it is OK now. I had to assign a virtual port for the shared NFS Datastore and assign ip address to it. however, when I browse the folder from the Vcenter server there is no contents, although I've added an ISO image file to it.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Comment

Re: unable to mount NFS datastore to ESXI

Originally posted by tiger1 View Post
      Hello,
      It is seems that it is OK now. I had to assign a virtual port for the shared NFS Datastore and assign ip address to it. however, when I browse the folder from the Vcenter server there is no contents, although I've added an ISO image file to it.
      Any suggestions?
      Thanks
      Have you assigned root permissions to the NFS mount?

Have you looked at this blog post - How to Enable NFS on Windows 2008 and Present to ESX?

This may be of assistance.
      Maish
      ----------------------------------------------------------
      Technodrone|@maishsk|Author of VMware vSphere Design
      VMware vExpert 2013-2010,VCAP5-DCA/DCD,VCP
      MSCA 2000/2003, MCSE 2000/2003
      A proud husband and father of 3 girls
      ----------------------------------------------------------
      If you find the information useful please don't forget to give reputation points sigpic.

Have a good one!!

Comment

Working...
      X