Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vmware Lab Equipment for Students

Hello All,

I am starting a Training Center for Students for Vmware Labs.

Could you please help me Which equipment I need to buy.

Total Students is 15 In class.

I want to test all features with my Vmware Labs, Like Vmotion, DRS,Hearbeat,Can you please list the Equipment Details step by Step. I need Real Scerneion no Virtual Environment for vmotion,DRS and others features of Vmware Labs.

Re: Vmware Lab Equipment for Students

If you want to do it physical rather than virtual it's going to be a lot more expensive.

Most lab providers run virtual labs these days - why are you against the idea?

Is this for official training?
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP 5 / VCAP-DCA4 / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012

Comment

Originally posted by scott28tt View Post
      If you want to do it physical rather than virtual it's going to be a lot more expensive.

Most lab providers run virtual labs these days - why are you against the idea?

Is this for official training?
      Its not Official but I have plan Register my Training Institute with Vmware Training Partner in future. but I thought Physical is reliable and fast,I can go for virtual also,Is it possible if you list the equipment for Virtual and for physical,I want to see the both prices and then I can decide.

Comment

If you go physical and you want to support all those vSphere features you would need 2 or 3 servers per student (unless you want students to share), plus a shared storage solution (iSCSI SAN, or NAS) with a network infrastructure suitable for all the traffic flows from server-server and server-storage. A reseller who sells that kind of hardware should be able to quote you for what you need.

The virtual option could work without the shared storage solution, and a much more simple network infrastructure - each student can have their own VMs to run vSphere plus virtual shared storage, and you could run multiple students' VMs on a shared physical server.

The other thing to consider is you'd need to buy vSphere licenses - official training partners (VATCs) don't need to do this thanks to the contract they have with VMware.

I would suggest you look at renting a lab rather than buying your own - there are companies that offer this service, which Google will help you find.

My final point - going down the unofficial path now then seeking VATC status later could be interesting - you'd be competing with VMware now then asking to partner with them in the future...
        VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP 5 / VCAP-DCA4 / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012

Comment

I'm going to say something here. I don't aim to offend.

You're talking about offering VMware training, which is great.
          However - as a professional, if I go to a training course and the instructor doesn't know what they are talking about, or I don't find that I can challenge them to teach me things, or if they are just basically reading from a book, then I feel rather ripped off.
          I've been on an employer-provided training course (IIS as a matter of fact) where it was quite clear that the 4 of us from my employer knew vastly more about IIS than the trainer did.

What my little story is leading to is this.

You're here, on a forum of IT experts, asking for advice (not feedback, or review, but out and out "how do i do this, step by step" advice) on how to setup the training environments.

If you need to ask for step-by-step guidance on how to create the training environment, then are you really sure you're actually qualified to be training others?
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
            I'm going to say something here. I don't aim to offend.

You're talking about offering VMware training, which is great.
            However - as a professional, if I go to a training course and the instructor doesn't know what they are talking about, or I don't find that I can challenge them to teach me things, or if they are just basically reading from a book, then I feel rather ripped off.
            I've been on an employer-provided training course (IIS as a matter of fact) where it was quite clear that the 4 of us from my employer knew vastly more about IIS than the trainer did.

What my little story is leading to is this.

You're here, on a forum of IT experts, asking for advice (not feedback, or review, but out and out "how do i do this, step by step" advice) on how to setup the training environments.

If you need to ask for step-by-step guidance on how to create the training environment, then are you really sure you're actually qualified to be training others?
            That sir deserves a beer.

There is noting worse that walking into a training course asking a question and the tutor looks at you like your stupid.

Comment

one time i had this class on Visual Basic .NET. it was taught by this old lady that probably had her degree in ForTran or cobol...

one of our projects was creating a currency calculator. the assignment was very simple and used fixed rates. i thought, what is the point of that? so i did a little string array and data input from a free currency exchange ticker so that the rate was always current...

sadly, she could not grade what she didnt understand. i was forced to explain how it worked so she could grade me.

needless to say, i passed the course but in the end i felt like they should have paid me.
              its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
              Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Working...
              X