Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about vmware certification

Hi ,

I have complete VCP 5.0 before 3 years back , now i want to achieve further certification in vmware. Do i need to start again from associate level or can i directly go with vcap-dca exam.

What would be the fees for the vca-dca. Which track will be the best in demand in terms of salary package...

Which track will be in more demand in upcoming future..vmware or citrix certification..

Thanks...

Re: about vmware certification

VCP5-DCV is still the current vSphere certification, so you would not need to start from the bottom of the pyramid.

VCAP5-DCA has no training requirement (there is recommended training), so the only cost would be the exam fee - which varies from country to country. Not sure what you mean by "which track" in relation to salary package...

And as for demand in the future - I don't have a crystal ball, but am glad personally that I work at VMware rather than Citrix...
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP 5 / VCAP-DCA4 / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012

Comment

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply...

Now i just gone through this

http://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/pla...67&ui=www_cert

Actually , I passed VCP5.0 about three years back and at that time , there was no other tracks in vcp5 as as today..so if you compare my VCP5.0 as per today , is it equal to VCP 5 DCA ...Can i directly appear in VCAP5-DCA or VCAP5-DCD Exam...

Also , What will be the fees in India...

What will be the validity of my old VCP 5.0 ...

Is there any Expiry for VCAP5-DCA and VCAP5-DCD and also for VCDX-DCA..

Also , in terms of salary , Which certification will help more to get more..MCSE,VCDX-DCA or Citrix...

Thanks ...

Comment

I've given you my answers to all but one of your questions in my previous reply.

The only new question I can see relates to expiry - VCP level certifications (not VCAP or VCDX) are subject to a recertification policy now:

https://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/pl...67&ui=www_cert
        VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP 5 / VCAP-DCA4 / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012

Comment

Originally posted by kathy View Post
          Also , in terms of salary , Which certification will help more to get more..MCSE,VCDX-DCA or Citrix...

Thanks ...
          None.

Being competent at your job will get you more money. Not the number of certifications.

Comment

Working...
          X