Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vm is shutting down

Hi ,

We are using vmware ESXi 5.0 server and we are having 8 vm on this. Now it behaves strange..sometime 2-3 vm get us shutdown or comes in a paused stage automatically ...

what may be the reason and how to resolve this..

Thanks......

Re: vm is shutting down

Originally posted by kathy View Post
    Hi ,

We are using vmware ESXi 5.0 server and we are having 8 vm on this. Now it behaves strange..sometime 2-3 vm get us shutdown or comes in a paused stage automatically ...

what may be the reason and how to resolve this..

Thanks......
    Could be any number of reasons.

I would start by checking that you have enough resources to satisfy the demands of all 8 VMs at the same time.

I would also check the power settings on the guest OS to make sure it is not going into hibernation.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

My resources are enough to stay all 8 vm online , so I doubt in power settings. What are the things I need to check ...

Is there any pictures or video available for this..

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by kathy View Post
        Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

My resources are enough to stay all 8 vm online , so I doubt in power settings. What are the things I need to check ...

Is there any pictures or video available for this..

Thanks,
        Check and make sure the VM's are not set to hibernate after a certain amount of time.

I have multiple client VM's that do this on my workstation setup.

Comment

Firstly I would check your alarms and see if your hosts are triggering this action.

Do you have any Management setup to place VM's into another state in the event of........?

Comment

Working...
          X