Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VMWARE workstation test lab

Hi,
    I am intending to create a test lab using Windows server 2008 domain controller;
    I want to use it also with TMG 2010 for some tests such as VPN, Caching, Web traffic control, etc.
    I want to know the configurations needed for the network card. It is a bit confusing
    For each virtual machine, which option of network card do I have to use? I tried to make them all using custom: specific virtual network and then they all the VMnet. However, I couldnt ping between the Virtual machines.
    I tried to do them all NAT and it seems that they are pinging properly. but will I be able to make a domain network using all nat? will be there any problems ? Any idea?

Re: VMWARE workstation test lab

Originally posted by tiger1 View Post
    Hi,
    I am intending to create a test lab using Windows server 2008 domain controller;
    I want to use it also with TMG 2010 for some tests such as VPN, Caching, Web traffic control, etc.
    I want to know the configurations needed for the network card. It is a bit confusing
    For each virtual machine, which option of network card do I have to use? I tried to make them all using custom: specific virtual network and then they all the VMnet. However, I couldnt ping between the Virtual machines.
    I tried to do them all NAT and it seems that they are pinging properly. but will I be able to make a domain network using all nat? will be there any problems ? Any idea?
    Do you want to have a segregated network to test on?

What version of Workstation are you using?

I have a few labs setup for testing inside VMware Workstation and utilise the LAN Segments section to have all my required servers on the same subnet.

Prior to this I ensure that I have all my servers updated to the latest patch levels from MS. For this setup I would use a bridged connection.

Comment

Re: VMWARE workstation test lab

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post

I have a few labs setup for testing inside VMware Workstation and utilise the LAN Segments section to have all my required servers on the same subnet.

Prior to this I ensure that I have all my servers updated to the latest patch levels from MS. For this setup I would use a bridged connection.
      Hi Wulli,
      Thanks for the response.

Yes, if that will allow me to access the internet through the host's internet connection and then I be able to manage the internet for domain users via the active directory.
      I use Version 7 and maybe I will download version 10 the evaluation copy.

Comment

Working...
      X