Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VMware and McAfee MOVE

Hi there,

I need some assistance on VMware, we been having this battle with McAfee for almost 2 months now and according to them its not their fault. When McAfee MOVE SVA is running then there is permission issues on folders, as soon as it is shut down then there is no more permission issues.

Here is the answer we got from VMware, how we go about fixing this:

The security virtual appliance (SVA) scanning is realised through various filter drivers provided by VMWare, these communicate with the hypervisor and the the SVA is "hooked" in to the hypervisor "listening" to what what is being transfered. Any file locking or permissions issue would be a result of the presence of a filter on the host VM, vsepflt.sys (potentially others) from VMware (or a third party) filtering I/O on the host.

Re: VMware and McAfee MOVE

What do you mean a "permissions issue"??

We have Trend Deep Security that leverages a filter driver that is supplied by Trend so they would need to support it.

I can't help woth McAfee MOVE as i've never used it nor seen it in action but i would hazard a guess in that it works in the same manner as Deep Security.

Originally posted by minion View Post
    Hi there,

I need some assistance on VMware, we been having this battle with McAfee for almost 2 months now and according to them its not their fault. When McAfee MOVE SVA is running then there is permission issues on folders, as soon as it is shut down then there is no more permission issues.

Here is the answer we got from VMware, how we go about fixing this:

The security virtual appliance (SVA) scanning is realised through various filter drivers provided by VMWare, these communicate with the hypervisor and the the SVA is "hooked" in to the hypervisor "listening" to what what is being transfered. Any file locking or permissions issue would be a result of the presence of a filter on the host VM, vsepflt.sys (potentially others) from VMware (or a third party) filtering I/O on the host.

Comment

Working...
    X