Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vmware customer

Dear All,

I've two customer who want to upgrade the existing environment to ESX 5.
    I'm new in implementation, could you please tell me what questions need to be asked to the customer?

What questions will be asked by customer? I know the basic management of Esx Server.

Re: Vmware customer

First customer question will probably be "what experience and training do YOU have to do this migration (since my business critical systems are on the line)?"

Suggest if you are not entirely confident, you should get someone more experienced to help you out
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Vmware customer

Originally posted by Arshad.Shaikh View Post
      Dear All,

I've two customer who want to upgrade the existing environment to ESX 5.
      I'm new in implementation, could you please tell me what questions need to be asked to the customer?

What questions will be asked by customer? I know the basic management of Esx Server.
      First off there is no such thing as ESX 5. There is however ESXi 5.

I would hazard a guess that you really need to advise the customer to employ the services of a properly qualified consultant to carry out this upgrade.

Comment

Working...
      X