Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enabling network for VM

Hi,

I have installed VMWare for my Windows 7, and I have installed an OS in the VM (Red Hat 6). However, my concern is how do I enable networking for the VM so that it will be accessible from the Windows 7 host, and other computers in the network?

I have configured the IPV4 settings for VMnet8 (I have chosen NAT for my VM), as there is no VMnet0 in the Network and Sharing Center (therefore I cannot configure ip for Bridge).

I have set an IP address of 10.211.44.20 for the VM, and 10.211.44.19 for the host machine.

I have configured netmask, default gateway, and dns for both my host machine and the vm.

Please guide me on what I have to do to make the VM network accessible?

Re: Enabling network for VM

Originally posted by anaigini45 View Post
    Hi,

I have installed VMWare for my Windows 7, and I have installed an OS in the VM (Red Hat 6). However, my concern is how do I enable networking for the VM so that it will be accessible from the Windows 7 host, and other computers in the network?

I have configured the IPV4 settings for VMnet8 (I have chosen NAT for my VM), as there is no VMnet0 in the Network and Sharing Center (therefore I cannot configure ip for Bridge).

I have set an IP address of 10.211.44.20 for the VM, and 10.211.44.19 for the host machine.

I have configured netmask, default gateway, and dns for both my host machine and the vm.

Please guide me on what I have to do to make the VM network accessible?
    What VMware product are you using?

Workstation, Server, Player??

Comment

I believe it is for a workstation?? I have installed it in my laptop.
      The version is 4.0.0-build471780.

Comment

Originally posted by anaigini45 View Post
        I believe it is for a workstation?? I have installed it in my laptop.
        The version is 4.0.0-build471780.
        Seriously?

The latest version of Workstation is 9.0.2 build-1031769.

My recommendation would be to download the latest version from VMware and install and use that.

This was a legit download wasn't it? From memory v4 was built around 5-6 years ago.

Comment

Working...
        X