Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Storage NAS/ISCI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Storage NAS/ISCI

    Dear All,
    i have in my home server ESXI5 running, with 3 HDD attached to
    one SSD = 70GB
    Second 1000GB
    last one 250 GB
    i've installed ESXI on the HDD of the 70GB,
    Two OS on the one of the 250, because i have no memory left on the server, i want to share the HDD of 1000GB in the network using kind of SAN or ISCI wihtout creating a VM and share the HDD
    can someone please advise how to do this?

    thank you

  • #2
    Re: Storage NAS/ISCI

    Originally posted by cyberbot View Post
    Dear All,
    i have in my home server ESXI5 running, with 3 HDD attached to
    one SSD = 70GB
    Second 1000GB
    last one 250 GB
    i've installed ESXI on the HDD of the 70GB,
    Two OS on the one of the 250, because i have no memory left on the server, i want to share the HDD of 1000GB in the network using kind of SAN or ISCI wihtout creating a VM and share the HDD
    can someone please advise how to do this?

    thank you
    Easiest thing to do would be to look at using FreeNAS and create a virtual SAN with your 1TB disk.

    FreeNAS

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Storage NAS/ISCI

      Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
      Easiest thing to do would be to look at using FreeNAS and create a virtual SAN with your 1TB disk.

      FreeNAS
      Thank you sir,
      i managed to have FreeNAS installed however issue with vmware tools
      any idea how to install those? because my NIC isn't up and needs the tools that contains the drivers

      Cheers!
      Last edited by cyberbot; 27th February 2013, 16:16.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Storage NAS/ISCI

        Originally posted by cyberbot View Post
        Thank you sir,
        i managed to have FreeNAS installed however issue with vmware tools
        any idea how to install those? because my NIC isn't up and needs the tools that contains the drivers

        Cheers!
        Please review

        http://forums.freenas.org/showthread...-and-Freenas-8

        You can't install the VMware drivers in FreeNAS.

        Change your NIC to the e1000 card and see if that works.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Storage NAS/ISCI

          Another good product which I have used is the Starwind iscsci free

          http://www.starwindsoftware.com/starwind-free

          Also I think EMC currently have a variety of free iscsi products to test with in a lab environment.

          Worth a look

          Comment

          Working...
          X