Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double click function does not work in a VNC viewer window

Hi

I created a virtual machine of Windows 8 Enterprise 64-bit with VMware Workstation 9.x installed on Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit.

Since I have enabled the VNC option of VMware to control this VM, I boot it in background and I control it with UltraVNC 1.1.8.0 using the same host.

I have noticed that there is a small delay between the various operations and that which appears in the VNC viewer but above all that, many times, doing double click in the window of VNC viewer, Windows 8 receives two clicks not proximate in time canceling so the specific function of the double click.

So, how can I do to solve these problems?

Thanks

Bye
    balubeto

Re: Double click function does not work in a VNC viewer window

You could look into the mouse control panel on the VM and change the double click sensitivity
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Works fine on a Windows 8 system that i have configured on my local machine. I have made no changes to any settings on the Windows 8 system or the VM settings in Workstation.

The delay you speak about is pretty obvious but expected due to the time it will take to carry out the transactions.

I am using Tight VNC as the viewer by default.

I downloaded and installed UltraVNC 1.1.8.0 and tried with exactly the same results. No issues were seen on double click from any VNC viewer.

My mouse settings inside the VM are set to default which is exactly half way on the sliding scale.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
        Works fine on a Windows 8 system that i have configured on my local machine. I have made no changes to any settings on the Windows 8 system or the VM settings in Workstation.

The delay you speak about is pretty obvious but expected due to the time it will take to carry out the transactions.

I am using Tight VNC as the viewer by default.

I downloaded and installed UltraVNC 1.1.8.0 and tried with exactly the same results. No issues were seen on double click from any VNC viewer.

My mouse settings inside the VM are set to default which is exactly half way on the sliding scale.
        My VNC Viewer settings are:

Instead, those of Workstation 9.x are:

balubeto

Comment

balubeto

Comment

Now, I would like to see your settings to be able to compare them.

Thanks

Bye
            balubeto

Comment

I'm not going to post details of my current setup because i've customized the setup for me but i have checked my settings and they are as follows

UltraVNC - Identical
              Workstation VNC Settings - I use port 5959 and have no password as i'm the only one who accesses it.

Have you checked in your Win 8 VM for the mouse settings?? Are you running the latest version of the VMware tools??

Is workstation 9 up to date, latest version is 9.0.1build 894247??

What are the specs of your host machine?? I have an i7 with 16GB of ram and my VM's on a separate 7200rpm disk.

Comment

I'm not going to post details of my current setup because i've customized the setup for me but i have checked my settings and they are as follows

UltraVNC - Identical
                Workstation VNC Settings - I use port 5959 and have no password as i'm the only one who accesses it.

Have you checked in your Win 8 VM for the mouse settings?? Are you running the latest version of the VMware tools??

Is workstation 9 up to date, latest version is 9.0.1build 894247??

What are the specs of your host machine?? I have an i7 with 16GB of ram and my VM's on a separate 7200rpm disk.
                I have a host with the same characteristics as yours, and the same build of Workstation 9 with the latest version of VMware Tools.

The mouse settings in Windows 7 and 8 are the default ones.

I boot my VM with the "C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware VIX\vmrun.exe" -T ws start "D:\Users\Public\Documents\Virtual Machines\VM_test\Windows_8_64_bit\Windows_8_64_bit .vmx" nogui command. And you?

Thanks

Bye
                Last edited by balubeto; 22nd February 2013, 10:16.
                balubeto

Comment

I boot mine using the Workstation console then close it.

I'll try your method and report back for completeness though.

Comment

Tested on a separate system running Windows 8 and it works exactly as expected.

Comment

Tested on a separate system running Windows 8 and it works exactly as expected.
                      So, what could be causing these problems on my computer?

Thanks

Bye
                      balubeto

Comment

You would be better placed to answer that than anyone else, since you know the configuration etc.

Why don't you build another Win8 VM and see if it behaves the same way?
                        Tom Jones
                        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                        IT Trainer / Consultant
                        Ossian Ltd
                        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by balubeto View Post
                          So, what could be causing these problems on my computer?

Thanks

Bye
                          I have absolutely no idea why it wouldn't work.

I have tested it on my system and it is working exactly as i would expect it to work. You now need to start looking at things on your machine to ensure that they work properly.

Check you mouse settings in both the client and host.

Check that VMware tools is installed and running.

Check your host drivers are up to date.

What kind of mouse are you using?? Wireless try a wired.

Comment

Working...
                          X