VCM and SQL Data Base 2010/2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VCM and SQL Data Base 2010/2012

This is the scope: We are engaged in the cleanup of our systems with the sole purpose of checking and remediateing vulnerabilities in all our servers. We will continue with the process in the whole enterprise. We have a VCM as well as many other ITSM and inventory tools. They have been in place for some time so do their widespread lax security. Our new security paradigm will arrive as soon as I get my grips on this, to this end I must seek your advise.

First to start the cleanup I had to build a database which will enable me to organize the raw data (bad one) I exported from VCM for further investigation and analysis. Moreover, I can compare it to other Inventory tools like ITI, ECM and HPsim. I hope to get valid information by the end of the exercise. Note that I developed a variance of which tool seems to be reliable and accurate in finding valid servers as it is in this case.

My problem is this, my database is static: This means that I have to go to VCM to capture and export data just to get an up to date inventory. This is not funny. I will like to find out how to integrate our VCM with the SQL database 2012 I built. If you know how please let me know. I just want my SQL database to be dynamic and in tune with the VCM. This can greatly assist me with my work.

Thanks.
    Last edited by jumezurike; 22nd November 2012, 05:34.

Re: VCM and SQL Data Base 2010/2012

hi jumezurike,

Please don't cross-post the same query into multiple subforums - it won't hasten an answer. Also, if the other users are anything like me, they just use the "new posts" thread and don't bother with subcategories
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Copy in SQL forum deleted
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
        hi jumezurike,

Please don't cross-post the same query into multiple subforums - it won't hasten an answer. Also, if the other users are anything like me, they just use the "new posts" thread and don't bother with subcategories
        Thank you sir....

Comment

I've no idea how this is related to VMware, or are you talking about vCenter Configuration Manager?
          Actually I don't quite understand your post earlier..
          Marcel
          Technical Consultant
          Netherlands
          http://www.phetios.com
          http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
          "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
          "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

I am talking about the VCM (vCenter Configuration Manager). If you can help go ahead and do that. All I will like to do is to have the DB of VCM work with my SQL database.

Comment

Is there anything helpful in this?
              http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vcenter-co...tool-guide.pdf
              cheers
              Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
              X