Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the virtual configuration of the application?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the virtual configuration of the application?

Hello Friends,

This is Seema here.

I am new to this forum. I joined today.

Well i am going through this .pdf, which is present in the below location(i had put the link, but forum dint allow me)
    Please put in the forum
    Directions for VMware Ready Testing for Application Software

go to the .pdf Directions for VMware Ready Testing for Application Software

In the above .pdf there is a below line i am not understanding it. Can any one help to understand it.

Design a virtual configuration of the application, which is generally very similar to the physical configuration of the application that is commonly tested.
    What is cloud computing?
    Well i dont know much about the networking concepts, i am new to this domain.
    But keen to learn the things.

Will be waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards
    Seema

Re: What is the virtual configuration of the application?

The first means
    "Set up enough virtual PCs to test your application in the same way as you will use it for real"

For example, you will probably want a domain, so need one domain controller, with DNS, DHCP etc. If you need email to test your application, set up the same mail server as you use for real. If you have different client OSes, set up each one.

The second question is best answered by reference to
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi Ossian,

Finally i have attached the document, on which i am working. In this document there is a 2nd point.

2. Design a virtual configuration of the application, which is generally very similar to the physical configuration of the application that is commonly tested.

which u just explained to me.

i had one more question, i read a lot about the vmware Vsphere. But i want to get its
      complete knowledge. Like what it is used for? How to use it...

Thanks in Advance
      Seem
      Attached Files

Comment

I refer you to the second answer above
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X