Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expanding server 2003 basic disk

hi,
    i did a quick search and found a similar thread, although this is for the system partition.

ESX (unsure of version from where i am at the moment), with Windows 2003 basic disk VM on SAN.
    VMware is reporting 15GB of disk allowance for this VM, Windows disk management states 10GB with 5GB of unallocated space. I don't believe diskpart will increase the space due to it being a system partition.
    What about booting the VM from an ISO mounted GParted and using that to re-size? Or, is there a better way of doing it?

Thanks!
    Last edited by simonsays; 17th April 2012, 21:09.

Re: Expanding server 2003 basic disk

Originally posted by simonsays View Post
    hi,
    i did a quick search and found a similar thread, although this is for the system partition.

ESX (unsure of version from where i am at the moment), with Windows 2003 basic disk VM on SAN.
    VMware is reporting 15GB of disk allowance for this VM, Windows disk management states 10GB with 5GB of unallocated space. I don't believe diskpart will increase the space due to it being a system partition.
    What about booting the VM from an ISO mounted GParted and using that to re-size? Or, is there a better way of doing it?

Thanks!
    Dell have a tool called ExtPart which will do this for you, with zero downtime too
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP 5 / VCAP-DCA4 / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012

Comment

Re: Expanding server 2003 basic disk

Originally posted by scott28tt View Post
      Dell have a tool called ExtPart which will do this for you, with zero downtime too
      That's excellent, thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X