Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with the vmrun utility of the Workstation 8.x

HI

I'm using, on Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64 bit, the vmrun utility (included in Workstation 8.x for Wndows), with the nogui option to start the VMs of Workstation 8.x in the background:

Code:
    vmrun start "<pathname>\<VMname>.vmx" nogui
    and to check them, I turned on the VNC server included in Workstation.

I have noticed that if, in the virtual machine, I run in the background a Live CD distribution of Linux (like the last version of GParted or Parted Magic) and I it control with a VNC viewer (like UltraVNC viewer) installed on Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64 bit, the mouse pointer moves to the bottom right corner and it remains locked in this position, not being able to use this distribution. Why?

Instead, at times, running, in the background, any VM, the VNC viewer it displays without the lower part (in other words, the taskbar is not displayed) and the window of the viewer does not have the vertical scroll bar. Why?

THANKS

BYE
    balubeto

Re: Problem with the vmrun utility of the Workstation 8.x

I have never encountered this issue. Have you posted the question to the VMware forums as well?
    Maish
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Technodrone|@maishsk|Author of VMware vSphere Design
    VMware vExpert 2013-2010,VCAP5-DCA/DCD,VCP
    MSCA 2000/2003, MCSE 2000/2003
    A proud husband and father of 3 girls
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    If you find the information useful please don't forget to give reputation points sigpic.

Have a good one!!

Comment

Also you use UltraVNC 1.0.9.6.2? If yes, what is the configuration of your VNC viewer?

THANKS

BYE
      balubeto

Comment

Originally posted by balubeto View Post
        Also you use UltraVNC 1.0.9.6.2? If yes, what is the configuration of your VNC viewer?

THANKS

BYE
        You do realise this is a question you posted???

Comment

I'm sorry but I simply asked if you use UltraVNC 1.0.9.6.2 .

THANKS

BYE
          balubeto

Comment

[WS8] Delay between the mouse cursor and his pointer in the VMs checked from VNC

HI

I'm using, on Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64 bit, the vmrun utility (included in Workstation 8.x for Wndows), with the nogui option to start the VMs of Workstation 8.x in the background:

Code:
            vmrun -T ws start "<pathname>\<VMname>.vmx" nogui
            and to control them, I turned on the VNC server included in Workstation.

When I use a VNC viewer (like UltraVNC) to control the VMs, I noticed a considerable delay between the mouse cursor (shown as a small square) and his pointer (shown as an arrow). How can I eliminate this delay?

THANKS

BYE
            balubeto

Comment

Re: [WS8] Delay between the mouse cursor and his pointer in the VMs checked from VNC

try using RDP and see if the same scenario occurs.
              It's likely vnc not rendering properly.. or the machine being overloaded.
              Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Re: [WS8] Delay between the mouse cursor and his pointer in the VMs checked from VNC

Merged with an exisitng thread.

Please do not create multiple posts with the same question.

Comment

I tested with RDP but the problem is still there. In addition, the network between two computers is not overloaded.

For me, it is necessary to add some instructions to the configuration file of WS on its integrated VNC server.

THANKS

BYE
                  balubeto

Comment

Working...
                  X