• Show
Clear All

• ping problem between lan in vmware

Click image for larger version

Name:	T.png
Views:	1
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	469558

i created dc and dc member server in vmware with class A ipaddress put i doesn't ping please help

Name:	F.png
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	469559

wat is the problem???

Re: ping problem between lan in vmware

Without detailed knowledge of your LAN and VMWare guest OS network setup, it is very difficult to give you the reason for the issue.

Are the VMs on NICs that are configured to be bridged with the Host's LAN Interface? If not, then you would need to have a VM that has one NIC bridged with host and one NIC on private LAN and route between them. In addition, without NAT'd in the VM infrastructure, your LAN hosts would have no knowledge in their routing tables how to get traffic back to your VMs.

The easiest way to set this up for your VM guests is to have them on NICs that are bridged with the host's NIC. That way, the VMs appear to be on the same network segment as the rest of the hosts on the same subnet on the LAN.
    JM @ IT Training & Consulting
    http://www.itgeared.com

Comment

Name:	Untitled.png
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	466480

i dont know about the concept of vmware but i run in the virtualization layer of cpu.i changed into bridged

Comment

please solve

Comment

This must be a new record -- no reply in 21 whole minutes, so you feel you need to bounce your post
          Please remember people give up their free time to help out, so have the patience to wait for a reply.

Can you post an IPCONFIG/ALL from both machines involved please
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

are both your guests attached to the same VMNET0 interface?

also, let's see your IPconfigs please
            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
            X