Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team & Lan segment created DHCP server vm to connect to internal guest VMs

Hi All

I am currently doing some testing with Domain controllers DHCP, DNS servers as well as 2 clients. I am using VM workstation 8.

I have created a team as well as a LAN segment and connected the VMs to the LAN segment. I have set no options in the virtual network editor. My networking knowledge isn't that great so you will have to bear with me on this one.

One of VMs is a windows 2008 R2 server with DHCP and DNS. This server I have given a static IP but I have 2 client workstations running WIndows XP which I need to connect and get an IP address from this internal DHCP VM but for some reason I cannot get it to work.

Does anyone know why this is. I would have thought setting them all to the same LAN segment would then force the client VMS to look for a DHCP server.

The client machines do not have static IPs address and are set to automatic so that it picks up from a DHCP server.

What have I done wrong?
    Can anyone help?

Thanks

Re: Team & Lan segment created DHCP server vm to connect to internal guest VMs

How are your clients configured for networking???

I have 4 machines isolated via my LAN1 connection that can all communicate between each other,

Comment

If I set a static IP on all VMs I can communicate fine but I want my internal DHCP server to lease out IPs to my test client VMs in workstation.

Comment

So have you configured a DHCP server then???

If you have all you need to do is remove the static IP addresses from the exisitng NIC cards.

Comment

Hi Yes

I have configured a DHCP server. Maybe I need to relook at the DHCP server and ensure it is configured properly.

Comment

Did you remove the static IP addresses that you assigned to the NICs on the client machines???

Your DHCP server won't issue addresses until it receives a request from a client. A client with a Static IP address will NEVER request a DHCP address.

Comment

Working...
            X