Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to setup simple virtual network and share internet via Vmware?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to setup simple virtual network and share internet via Vmware?

Hi,

Very briefly, I have installed a simple network and I was able to share file as so on but couldn't share intenet connection among the virtual machines. Please refer to the attached image.

I made on of the XP boxes as router with 2 interfaces one as host-only (inside) and the another is as bridge. I have enabled the bridge interface in XP router to share its connection via Network setup connection and ordered another XP machine to join this sharing by the same way "Network setup connection". Now, every thing is OK with sharing and connecting but with out intern.

Any suggestions, solutions?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: How to setup simple virtual network and share internet via Vmware?

put the guest with two nics on the "NAT" interface, rather than Bridged.

See if that helps. (Sure, you'll be double nat-ing, but does it matter?)

Are you only trying to share files on the internal guests, or do you want to share files from your non-virtual network as well ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Thanks for replaying,

actually I am trying to make a virtual network lab which is should be completely different from the host machine (Windows 7).

now the virtual network is OK but without internet connection. I want it to share the internet from my host's internet to the inside virtual network...

I dont want to make a file sharing between the host and the virtual network.

Thanks

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
      put the guest with two nics on the "NAT" interface, rather than Bridged.

See if that helps. (Sure, you'll be double nat-ing, but does it matter?)

Are you only trying to share files on the internal guests, or do you want to share files from your non-virtual network as well ?
      Last edited by Engineer7; 26th November 2011, 08:32.

Comment

Downlaod a free VM router and install it with 2 nics. One Nat'd and the other not.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
          Downlaod a free VM router and install it with 2 nics. One Nat'd and the other not.

yea.. try Vyatta ?
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
            yea.. try Vyatta ?
            Or FreeSco

Comment

cool, never knew that existed

Comment

Runs from a .flp file and is pretty tiny.

I'm sure i have it somewhere if you want a copy.

Comment

Working...
                X