recognize additional physical hd as a local drive in vm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recognize additional physical hd as a local drive in vm

physical computer have 2 harddisks, hd0 and hd1, installed win7 on hd0, formatted hd1 as ntfs, installed vmware workstation 7.1.4 and run a vm-win7, in vm-win7, I saw a virutalized 40G hd only, can't see the physical harddisk hd1, tried different setting still can't, map the hd1 as a network drive in vm-win7 is working but my application can't use network drive but a local drive, I know it is possible because I'm able to do this before but not able to set it up again after I lost my old vm-win7, any ideas? Thx a lot!

Re: recognize additional physical hd as a local drive in vm

Hi,
    You intend to add a local physical disk as additional HDD in you VM, more exactly to give the VM direct access to the local disk. Is it correct?

If yes, go to the properties of the VM, Hardware, ADD, Hard Disk, Use a physical disk (for advanced users). Select the proper local disk in the Device section.

What is the reason for the add of physical disk and not a virtual disk?
    Regards,
    Csaba Papp
    MCSA+messaging, MCSE, CCNA
    Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate

Comment

It works. Thx!

The reason is I need to pass the physical hd1 with updated data to other who may have no vm software at all.

How do I mark it's correct answer?

Comment

you don't need to necessarily mark it as correct.
        Old threads simply get archived after a little while, and locked to prevent digging up.

What you could do, is leave reputation points for netxt - if you look next to the post, you will see an icon that looks like a ying yang., or peace symbol.

click that, then submit the next page and it will leave rep poikmts
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
        X