Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESX 3.5 Error connecting: connection terminated by server, ret -1 err 0

Hi Everyone,

I recently inherited a remote ESX environment which consists of the VMware ESX server running on a Linux machine. Last night we experienced a power outage at the location the ESX server is running from. The server is back online, and I can access it via the VMware Infrastructure Client and see our virtual servers. However, upon trying to open the console via the VIC for any of the virtual servers I get the error (see attached images):

"Error connecting: Connection terminated by server, ret -1 err 0"

Being new to the technology, I am not even sure where to begin troubleshooting. I have tried several Google searches but could not find a definitive solution to the problem. If there is any other information i can provide please let me know and I will do my best to supply it. Any suggestions you can offer is really appreciated.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: ESX 3.5 Error connecting: connection terminated by server, ret -1 err 0

This is the only thing i can find and it points to a username/password issue

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/59036

What credentials are you using to sonnect to the server???

Can you login to the web interface of the server using the root username and password you supplied when building the server???

Do you have virtual center server setup and working??? What credentials are you using to connect to that??? Typically domain administrators get access out the box.

Comment

Re: ESX 3.5 Error connecting: connection terminated by server, ret -1 err 0

you might need to try and logon via the command line interface (ssh onj port 22) and review logs..

however, you may be better getting someone who is more experienced with linux and/or esx.

another option is to contact VMware, and use your support contract. (VMware wouldn't sell licences without also selling a support contract when i was selling it)

sigpic

Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Comment

Working...
      X