issue going from Workstation to ESX to vSphere

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• issue going from Workstation to ESX to vSphere

I have a VMware VM created in Workstation which runs graphing software called Tableau. When I move the VM over to VMware ESX and VMware vSphere however, Tableau won't run. The license senses something has changed and refuses access.

Is this occurring because a VMware config file has changed and Tableau believes it's on another machine now? Do you know how I can get around this?

Thank you very much,
    Christian

Re: issue going from Workstation to ESX to vSphere

I'd speak to the vendor.
    It could well be hardware-related.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

How does the licence file work???

Is there something that the licence uses on a VM or hardware box that needs to be changed??? We have software here that uses the MAC address and HDD ID to control the licence.

But as tehcamel states your probably best going to the software vendor and asking them to re-issue a licence file for the relevant server.

Comment

Could it be that your license is pinned to your MAC address?

If so then when you moved the machine - a good chance that your MAC address has changed.

If so - contact the vendor to issue you a new license pinned to the new MAC.
        Maish
        ----------------------------------------------------------
        Technodrone|@maishsk|Author of VMware vSphere Design
        VMware vExpert 2013-2010,VCAP5-DCA/DCD,VCP
        MSCA 2000/2003, MCSE 2000/2003
        A proud husband and father of 3 girls
        ----------------------------------------------------------
        If you find the information useful please don't forget to give reputation points sigpic.

Have a good one!!

Comment

Working...
        X