Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install Dell Open Manage on ESXi 4.1

Hi,

I'm trynig to install Dell Openmanage on esxi 4.1 with vma.
    I follow the steps that describe on dell's site "install openmanage with vma"
    The installation proccess went clear but when i try to change the CIMOEMprovidersEnable to 1 i can't find it

Please help

Re: Install Dell Open Manage on ESXi 4.1

Have you contacted Dell?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Dell told me to enable the the DRAC and to see if i get the CIMoemProviderEnable but, as i know before it didn't help and i can't se the CIMoemProviderEnable

Comment

I did a fresh install of ESXi on my R610 server and installed the openmanage via vma successfully and change the CIMoemproviderenable to 1.
        I restarted the management agents and rtied to connect to https://myserver:1311 but it didn't connect so, I restart the server and still couldn't connect.

What could be the problem?

Comment

I had problems installing esxi 4.0 on a dell 2900 using a CD-ROM, but I found I link (I can't remember the link), where they talk about installing it from a FLASH drive, and that worked fine for me. However, I experience problems with esxi 4.0, I think if you for some reason don't login to the server for a couple of months, it resets the "root" password. This has happen a couple of times to me.

I think I'll go with Hyper-V, it is free too.

Comment

There is another software package you have to install.
            You install the Dell agents in to ESXi , and then install OMSA for ESX on a windows server/desktop. Dell OpenManage Web Server for ESXi

You then connect to that machine, enter the connection you want to make, i.e esx1 and then username and password.

It was a few years back i did it on a Dell R900 running esxi 4.0, i also used the Dell embedded Dell USB version. If you put the Dell service tag in to the Dell support site you should see it.
            Try searching for OMI_SrvAdmin_Dell_DWS_WIN_A00
            To be honest it didnt offer that much and after spending hours finding it never really used it!

Comment

Thanks, i installed the open manage on my laptop and successfully connected to the esxi

Comment

Originally posted by moshiko View Post
                I did a fresh install of ESXi on my R610 server and installed the openmanage via vma successfully and change the CIMoemproviderenable to 1.
                I restarted the management agents and rtied to connect to https://myserver:1311 but it didn't connect so, I restart the server and still couldn't connect.

What could be the problem?

you probably need to add an exception to the firewall profile. ESX and ESXi by default only permit limited traffic.
                Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
                X