Connecting Two VMware Workstation Hosts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting Two VMware Workstation Hosts

I started out using VMware Workstation 7.x on one host and everything was working great - created a virtual Windows 2008 DC, Exchange 2007 server, and various other servers. However, this test environment maxed out the RAM of my single VMware Workstation. Now I need to split the VM's between two VMware Workstations. I built two Windows 7 hosts, loaded VMware Workstation on both, and can't figure out how to connect vmwarelab1 host's VM's (192.168.142.x) to vmwarelab2 host's VM's. I know I need to somehow route between the two host PC's networks, but I am not sure how to accomplish this. I've seen some "linux floppy based routers" out there, but I don't know how to use those.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Connecting Two VMware Workstation Hosts

Probably the easiest option would be to use bridged networking which should use the hosts netowrk card and IP range for all machines.

Comment

Re: Connecting Two VMware Workstation Hosts

Thanks - I will try and figure out the best way to do that and still allow remote connectivity into the host PC's from a remote location. I thought about hooking up the two PC's to a small Netgear router with a built in switch, configuring NAT'd addresses from that, then using bridging within VMWare, so maybe I'll continue with that method.

Any other suggestions of what others have done in this situation is appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X