Hyper V to VMWare host issues with NIC card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyper V to VMWare host issues with NIC card

I am trying to move a VM from a hyper V server to a server with VMware 6.5 on it. I am using quest's rapid recovery to export the image to the ESXI host. I can boot the machine up and all the data is there just like it should be but the NIC card doesn't have the drivers to make it work. No matter if I use the E1000 or the VMXnet3 NIC card, it still acts like the drivers are missing and will not show up in network connections in order to assign a static IP on the connection. VMtools is installed on the guest and below is a screenshot of what device manager looks like with the network adapters. Not sure how to get rid of the BASP virtual adapter but wouldn't think that would cause issues with the drivers of the other NIC cards. Any help on this would be appreciated

Have you tried removing the vNIC from the VM and adding a new one?

Comment

This may not be useful but...
      Sometimes I've done a P2V and there are hidden (ghosted) drivers in Windows. I had to show the hidden adaptors in device manager, something like:
      https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/mi...xternalId=1179

Then I could remove the old ones. This came up in a penetration scan of a Citrix server that had an HP Light's Out function. After a P2V, the HP drivers
      were still installed, but hidden.

Comment

I have tried removing and readding and still same issue. I have also tried showing all hidden devices and there are no hidden network cards when I do that

Comment

Remove the Hyper-V integration tools and install VMware Tools, which it looks like you've done as the VMXNet3 driver is part of that installation.

Comment

yea vmtools are installed but still get the yellow triangle on the device in device manager

Comment

Did you remove the Integration tools?
              The Yellow Bangs typically mean that something is fighting for the same resources.
              The BASP install is Broadcoms NIC teaming app so if may be worthwhile removing that as well.
              You should also try and remove any hidden devices and old ancillary devices as i would assume that the system has went through a P2V at some stage. There used to be a script kicking about that would do that for you and i did have it so i'll have a look and post it up if i find it.

Comment

following.... as I am also facing the same issue

Comment

Originally posted by 8586virat View Post
                  following.... as I am also facing the same issue
                  Is Exchange Server 2003 running in this VM that you are moving from Hyper-V to VMWare?
                  1 1 was a racehorse.
                  2 2 was 1 2.
                  1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                  2 2 1 1 2

Comment

the only thing running on this server is sql server 2008. integration tools wasn't installed on the VM. I have went in and removed all the hidden devices with no luck, still getting yellow bang

Comment

Apologies joketchum, I was making a sarcastic reply to the poster above my post because they were posting the "I am having the same problem" to a 7 or 8 year old thread. It wasn't meant to distract from your issue so again, my apologies.
                      1 1 was a racehorse.
                      2 2 was 1 2.
                      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                      X