VMware vSphere client problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VMware vSphere client problem

Gud afternoon guys..I'm just new to VMware vSphere client and i have a problem..I'm creating VM windows 7 64bit and i turn on the VM and there's an error saying "Message from ESXserver.: This virtual machine is configured for 64-bit guest operating systems. However, 64-bit operation is not possible. This
    host does not support VT. "..help guys..thanks..

Re: VMware vSphere client problem

Intel VT and EM64T is required in both the CPU and BIOS to support 64bit VM's.

What hardware are your running your ESX server on? If it's new then VT might be disabled in the BIOS - Boot into the BIOS and check it out.

Michael
    Last edited by m80arm; 27th October 2010, 12:52.
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Hi Michael

I've change the CPU to Intel VT..I also boot the BIOS and i cannot find the Intel VT..I have a PhoenixBIOS..

Comment

Originally posted by m80arm View Post
        What hardware are your running your ESX server on?
        Check your server against the VMware HCL:

http://www.vmware.com/resources/comp...zXAJts3ocLDxqg

If it's OK you might just need a BIOS upgrade.

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X