Requirements for VCP exam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requirements for VCP exam

I am new to vshere and currently learning it by using David Davis Training Video,

Those successful VCPs can you please suggest what else I need to do pass this exam? is there something else I need to read?

In a recent thread on this site Dumber has suggested reading PDFs harder then course ware, what PDFs you are referring to Dumber?

BTW, my belated congratulation on you recent VCP certification,

Is there any place where I can get exam Qs?

Also in David Davis's video he suggested that you need to be enroll in to VMware's classroom training to pass this exam, what is he referring to? do you have to pay for this training?

Re: Requirements for VCP exam

To pass the exam you do not enroll in a class.

To get the VCP certification you will need to have to complete a Official VMware course

You can try Simon Long's Blog for some good study notes for VCP 4
    Maish
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Technodrone|@maishsk|Author of VMware vSphere Design
    VMware vExpert 2013-2010,VCAP5-DCA/DCD,VCP
    MSCA 2000/2003, MCSE 2000/2003
    A proud husband and father of 3 girls
    If you find the information useful please don't forget to give reputation points sigpic.

Have a good one!!

Comment

To add to the info posted by Maish...

Originally posted by Yantra View Post
      In a recent thread on this site Dumber has suggested reading PDFs harder then course ware, what PDFs you are referring to Dumber?
      Study, study, study the documentation located on VMware's website. Located HERE. Pay attention to the Installation Guide, ESX Configuration Guide, FC SAN Guide, etc...

Also download and read through the exam blue print guide. Located HERE. You will need to create a VMware Education Login to download it.

Is there any place where I can get exam Qs?
      There is a mock exam on VMware's website, located HERE. Again a VMware Education Login will be required.

Hope that helps,

-Jason
      MCSA/MCSE 2K3,MCITP:ESA,MCTS x 4,VCP x 2

Comment

Thank you Jason and Maish, it is clear now how pass the VCP exam,

offcial course that you must take to pass this exam here in Canada is $3500,

This is not good from VMware, I hope they will have some sort of self study option,

I will see if I can get my company approved this training class, two person IT team we have is new to the virtualization world and we are thinking of using SAN and Virtualization,

Comment

This is not good from VMware, I hope they will have some sort of self study option
          I personally think its a good thing and will hopefully help preserve the integrity of the VCP certification.

Comment

I too think this will keep the integrity of the Cert and keep the "Paper VCP's" at bay..
            Maish
            Technodrone|@maishsk|Author of VMware vSphere Design
            VMware vExpert 2013-2010,VCAP5-DCA/DCD,VCP
            MSCA 2000/2003, MCSE 2000/2003
            A proud husband and father of 3 girls
            If you find the information useful please don't forget to give reputation points sigpic.

Have a good one!!

Comment

Working...
            X