Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VMware Workstation and Hyper-V are not compatible

Hi

Windows 2012 VM server ( running on Citrix Xenserver); VMware workstation installs fine, when you try and run a simple Windows 7 VM it returns the error

“VMware Workstation and Hyper-V are not compatible. Remove the Hyper-V role from the system before running VMware Workstation”

Tried all the suggestions on google, including

bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off

Installed \ uninstalled hyper-v

Any other suggestions?

Thank you

What result did the changes have?

Normally you would set up dual boot with hypervisor on/off
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Could it be that VMWare Workstation can't be installed on a virtualized OS?
      Regards,
      Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
      www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

I ran into this on my win 8.1 machine having wmware workstation and hyper-v running. For me the fix was to stop all the hyper-v services, then run the command bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off and reboot.
        It looks like you'd need to do this on the 2012 VM.
        Jeremy made an interesting point about running it on a vm already. It would be good to know the result.
        Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
        I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
        MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

So you can't start a Win 7 VM on Workstation on HyperV on XenServer? Can I ask why you'd want to do that?
          VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP 5 / VCAP-DCA4 / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012

Comment

Working...
          X