Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guest system communication from dvSwitch

Hello,

I am a beginner in VMware. I have a test lab setup as per the image attached

1) when the guest systems are connected to "vSwitch" then it can communicate with the "vCenter" server and we can RDP, ping to the guest systems (Win 2k8, Win7)
    2) created a distributed switch with default settings and with NIC 1
    -- when added the ghost machines to "dvSwitch" from "vSwitch" all the systems (Win 2k8 and Win 7) can communicate with each other however they can not communicate with vCenter server

3) How can I have the systems connected to "dvSwitch" to communicate with all the systems connected to "vSwitch" and outside to vCenter server?

Connect NIC 1 to the same network (physically, or VLAN if using one) as NIC 0.
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP 5 / VCAP-DCA4 / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012

Comment

Firstly thank you for the response.
      My apologies as I done know much of it, could you please let me know how can I connect NIC1 of dvSwitch to same network as NIC0.

Comment

Originally posted by amit_m04 View Post
        Firstly thank you for the response.
        My apologies as I done know much of it, could you please let me know how can I connect NIC1 of dvSwitch to same network as NIC0.
        Physically.

Into the same physical switch.

With no Layer 2 connection between those NICs, you'll get no communication between the dvSwitch and the other vSwitch.
        VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP 5 / VCAP-DCA4 / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012

Comment

Working...
        X