Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Device 1 is missing from network connections

Hi all,

I am building a vm windows server 2003 machine in ESX 3.5. I've two these two machines which need to be in cluster. Lets say the machines are A and B. After adding Raw lun's to A -- I am not able to ping it from my machine (which is in the same network) ....

When I go in Network connections window I have two NIC's there. First is prod and second is backup. After configuring IP on prod -- when I hit ok I get an error message -- please check snapshot 1.

I have no clue what this is talking abt and how to go about it .... any suggestions ???

Thanks
    Vaibhav
    Attached Files

Re: Device 1 is missing from network connections

Have you had a NIC with those IP Address details installed before???

If you really want to set these settings then click on no and finish the config.

Comment

The IP address was given to this machine before and it was working fine .... however after adding the raw lun's the ping is failing .....

I've two nics on the machine prod and backup -- with device name as intel (model#) 2 and 3 ... I am wondering where is the first ???

Could it be I removed the first nic card and its instance is still there ..... is there a way to find out the first NIC ???

Comment

people this link resolved the issue

http://communities.vmware.com/message/662767

Comment

Thanks for the update

I think this is more VMWare than Server related so I am moving the whole thread
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Did you do a conversion of this server ?
            I've often seen it hjappen when I've used VMware convertor.
            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
            X