Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New empty 1 TB+ VMFS 3.3 datastore went missing suddenly ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New empty 1 TB+ VMFS 3.3 datastore went missing suddenly ?

Hi All,

Iíve just reformatted 1.44 TB LUN from my Dell MD3000i iSCSI SAN this was a Linux Ext3/FS RDM attached into one of my VM in on ESXi02 host, i did the following:
    1. detaching the RDM from the VM
    2. formatting it from the Dell SAN management software
    3. present it to both host of ESXi01 and ESXi02 so that this new LUN can be shared together as VMFS.
    4. Go to any of the ESXi01 or 02 settings and then add this datastore, format it with 8 MB block size and then make it available to both hosts by creating proper naming.

Today suddenly it went missing without no apparent reason or error? Iíve patch both host few days ago and restart both host and the new LUN was still ok yesterday, but today it went missing so I had to reformat it again from the VCenter from Datastores view.

I've tried:
    1. Rescan datastore Ė nothing appears
    2. Refresh the datastore view from both hosts - nothing appears as well ?

I wonder what was happening before and I couldnít imagine if those LUN got data in it?

Any kind of comment and suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Note:
    Vcenter Server 4.0 208111
    VMware ESXi 4.0 244038

Re: New empty 1 TB+ VMFS 3.3 datastore went missing suddenly ?

Does the Dell management GUI give you a status as to whether the servers have active iSCSI connection with the device?

Comment

Re: New empty 1 TB+ VMFS 3.3 datastore went missing suddenly ?

Originally posted by bunce View Post
      Does the Dell management GUI give you a status as to whether the servers have active iSCSI connection with the device?
      Yes, both of the iSCSI connections are active

very strange problem ?!?!

Comment

Working...
      X