vSphere upgradation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vSphere upgradation

hi friends, If we got VI 3.5 Enterprise already installed and if we wanna upgrade to vSphere suite, we can only upgrade it to vSphere Enterprise but not to vSphere Enterprise plus.. How can we upgrade it to vSphere Enterprise Plus? Do I have to first upgrade it to vSphere Enterprise and then to vSphere Enterprise plus? If we do like that we need to buy the licenses for both vSphere Enterprise and vSphere Enterprise plus. So what’s the solution? thank you in anticipation for all those who reply to this question.

cheers

Re: vSphere upgradation

As far as I am aware of, you may not upgrade vsphere enterprise plus directly from VC enterprise edition.

Follow these links below, may help you to understand ----

http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/vsphere_pricing.pdf

http://www.vmware.com/products/vsphe...licensing.html

Comment

You can upgrade / downgrade between different versions, the only difference between the versions is a serial number that enable functions, there is no software differences between the versions.

In order to upgrade to enterprise plus you will have to upgrade your licenses (if you have a valid support contract) or purchase new ones if you support is not current
      Maish
      ----------------------------------------------------------
      Technodrone|@maishsk|Author of VMware vSphere Design
      VMware vExpert 2013-2010,VCAP5-DCA/DCD,VCP
      MSCA 2000/2003, MCSE 2000/2003
      A proud husband and father of 3 girls
      ----------------------------------------------------------
      If you find the information useful please don't forget to give reputation points sigpic.

Have a good one!!

Comment

Ditto.

Just buy Enterprise plus and enter the new key.

Comment

thanks for the reply. i just understood that there isn't any thing to do with the software and only the key makes the difference. that's fine. but i was going through the trainsignal tutorials on vSphere in which Mr. David Davis was saying we can't directly upgrade from VI 3.5 Enterprise edition to vSphere Entrprise plus. that is how i got this doubt. thanks for the reply mates

Comment

Working...
          X