I have problem Vmware esx 4.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have problem Vmware esx 4.

I VMware Converter my phisikal Pc to Virtual pc after i can not use Virtual pc in esx 4 and I got this error.I can use this Virtual in VMware Workistation but in esx 4 can not use.

Failed to open disk scsi0:0: Unsupported and/or invalid disk type 7. Did you forget to import the disk first?Unable to create virtual SCSI device for scsi0:0, ‘/vmfs/volumes/4a8075b3-4e4bf1b8-28e40017a48d6112/syslogappliance/Appliance-OS-.vmdk’ Module DevicePowerOn power on failed.

Re: I have problem Vmware esx 4.

Try creating a new virtual machine and attach the disk specified above.
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

a converted Virtual Pc have server I wanna that server work in Esx server 4

when i extracted that virtual disk a got this error

Failed to open disk scsi0:0: Unsupported and/or invalid disk type 7. Did you forget to import the disk first?Unable to create virtual SCSI device for scsi0:0, ‘/vmfs/volumes/4a8075b3-4e4bf1b8-28e40017a48d6112/syslogappliance/Appliance-OS-.vmdk’ Module DevicePowerOn power on failed.

Pls help me

Comment

Have you tried Marcel's suggestion?
        Please do not keep asking the same question -- you will get help when someone can do so
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

When you converted your physical device, you used VMWare convertor. Was it the ColdClone CD, or something else?

Have you checked any of the other forums (like VMWare communities) on similar issues?

Are you converting to ESX4, or ESXi4 ?

Whjat options did you choose during the import?

Did you convert straight onto the ESX server, or did you convert it onto a usb disk or something?
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

When I power on mashin I get that error.I convert with VMware Converter my Phisikal Pc to Virtual and put into VMware Workstation then power on it worked in VMware Workstation but when I put into ESX 4 server I got error I dont know why? Error code this:

Comment

I can not find any result about that error PLS help me

Comment

yea, sorry buddy. I'm done.

You're posting the same sh17 repeatedly, and failing to provide any further feedback, or respond to direct questions.

It might be the beer speaking, but I really hope this is a mission critical server.
                Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Sadigov_anar
                  If you post your original question again, you WILL be banned

Read the posts other members have made and try (to the best of your ability) to ANSWER their questions. With that additional information we MAY be able to help you, without it we cannot.

Do other VMs work OK in esx4 or is this your only one?
                  Tom Jones
                  MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

In the first place, make sure that the version of the vmware converter you were using to P2V should have been at least VMware Converter 4.0.1.

You can download the latest V2V standalone converter here: https://www.vmware.com/tryvmware/?p=converter

Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
                    and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Hi,

the physical box is server class box or desktop pc, if it is ide HDD, during the convertsion time you change to scsci

Regards

Renu

Comment

LOL, this thread made me laugh

Comment

Working...
                        X