X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VMware Infrastructure Client

hello,

today i did somthing relly stupid.
    My win server2003 (VC) run's VMware Infrastructure Client. the ESX is running on two clusters unix servers.
    due to low disk space i shrunked my the "LDF"datebase file (thinking, hey...it's just a log).
    usually i would connect from the windows server with the "Infrastructure Client" to - "localhost" and i could manage both of the machines and the VM machines on them.
    now, when i'm trying to connect i receive ""vm Infrastructure client could not establish the initial connection with server..."
    when i'm connecting directly to the physical machines ip address i'm able to manage
    each machine separately although it seems that many of the opinions are missing.
    stupid me didn't backup the old "LDF" file
    can i do something to restore the sql? or the configuration?

much thanks in advanced and good week!

P,S

the operation that was used on the sql:

DBCC SHRINKFILE (dbfile, 64);
    Shrink a Log file to 8 GiB (8192 MiB):

USE dbfile;
    GO
    DBCC SHRINKFILE(dblog, 8192)
    BACKUP LOG dbfile WITH TRUNCATE_ONLY
    DBCC SHRINKFILE(dblog, 8192)

Re: VMware Infrastructure Client

From the post, it seems you are using Virtual Center to manage the ESX hosts.
    Can you provide some more info on your virtual setup i.e. which esx version are you working with? Also, is this problem only started after you shrunk the ldf file?

Are your ESX servers & VC server registered with DNS and can resolve each other's name?

Comment

Working...
    X