No announcement yet.

Can't find Clone to new Virtual Machine

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't find Clone to new Virtual Machine

I am trying to clone a few of my test virutal machines under 3.5 evaluation.

I go to summary\commands and the clone to new virutal machine is not listed. The only things listed are power on edit settings and open console.

I did find under file\virtual appliances import export. But I know there are supposed to me more options under that cmmands window, that would also be useful.

Does the evaluation copy not let you clone?

Re: Can't find Clone to new Virtual Machine

Have you tried powering off the VM? I can't remember but I think you can only perform cold clone's on 3.5

Michael Armstrong
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: Can't find Clone to new Virtual Machine

There is no integrated/automated cloning without vCenter Server. To clone you'll have to manually copy/paste directories on your datastore and perform manual customization (to resolve IP, MAC, and hostname conflicts)
      VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+ - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
      My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.